- Brighten up in this mustard knit from A.P.C. It will cheer up even the chilliest February morning, we promise, plus it comes in a shade perfectly tuned to team with either jeans or your grey tailoring. It will even perfectly reflect the rays come summertime.
- You will hear all about bright colours this summer. If you want to nod to the trend without coming over like an early Nineties football kit, then the sophisticated blue man crew is for you. From Brit experts John Smedley, its simple design looks spot on layered with an oxford shirt and soft shouldered blazer. Perfect with jeans and tan leather shoes.
- Confident type, are you? Then you'll love the sequin stylings of knitwear king Markus Lupfer. The master of the witty yet wearable, Lupfer's skull graphic crew neck is a perfect example of the London based designer's feel good comfort.
- Cold outside and keen to keep your cool? Then the Nordic knit is your weapon of choice and Polo Ralph Lauren's team of expert designers have distilled the essence of Scandinavian charm into this mix of natural yarn and multi-coloured stripes which looks like denim's best friend.
- Its hardy yarns are robust enough to resist the North Sea wind, while the look is pared down perfection with a denim shirt. St. James' Binic jumper is the category-killing Breton knit. Its twenty two stripes, four shoulder buttons and one sleeve brand patch are the evidence that you have bought the real thing. Enjoy it now and for years to come.
- Some things have to be seen to be believed. This one begs to differ – it has to be touched. Marc by Marc Jacobs' multi-blue stripe is so soft you'll want to get a full body wax just to enjoy the effect of wearing it next to your skin. Plus it's an ideal layer over a cotton oxford shirt or polo top.
- What to buy the man who has everything? Try a jersey top with cable inserts. You heard that right – in between those thick cables is a comfy stretchy jersey of the type you would expect on a T-shirt. This is a mix up of military olive, cricket styling and fabric contrasts that you should cherish. We do.
- Best of breed wardrobe essentials are what every man should aspire to. With that thought in mind may we introduce you to the navy cardigan from A.P.C. It achieves a subtle sophistication you can wear with your suit and shirt combo or knee shorts and T-shirt. With a soft handle and lightweight feel, the only thing conspicuous about it is its quality.
- If you want to make that plaid shirt look new, then layer it under this. This wearable red hue comes with a ribbed texture to the yoke and the pima cotton fabrication is top quality. Your challenge is to walk straight past those mirrors and keep your hands off yourself in public. You know better than that.
- Those clever folk at Burberry Brit somehow manage to make a simple navy jumper feel brand new. Must be down to the zip-plus-button placket and chunky feel. We dare you to put it on and not feel like taking a walk in the wind.
Mustard Fine Merino Crew Knit
Mediterranean Blue Tipped Carlen Crew Knit
Black Sequin Skull Merino Crew Knit
Polo Ralph Lauren
Beige Snow Pattern Cotton Knit
Cream Navy Binic Breton Knit